[daip] [forwarded from slipnick at brandeis.edu] Macintosh question

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 2 12:07:08 EDT 2004

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: slipnick at brandeis.edu
To: tech at nrao.edu
Subject: Macintosh question
Date: Mon,  2 Aug 2004 11:17:57 -0400

Dear NRAO rep,

My name is Scott Lipnick, and I am student at Brandeis University, and work in
the Radio Astronomy Group.  I recently bought a macintosh computer and began
to use the terminal on it so that I can ssh into the computers at work.
Everything works well except when I use difmap and aips, I do not know how to
view the images.  I am wondering if you know of a program that I can get so
that I can do these tasks.  The way we have been doing it at the lab is that
we type mapl to prompt the map and then when it requests a viewer I put /xs.

I am wondering also if when I am in the terminal if I can just write gv and
some file and then my computer will open that file with ghost view, eventhough
I am working through the computer at the lab.

Thanks a lot for all of your help,
Scott Lipnick
Brandeis University
slipnick at brandeis.edu