[daip] COMPUTER QUESTION ABOUT AIPS

slipnick at brandeis.edu slipnick at brandeis.edu
Mon Aug 2 11:18:49 EDT 2004

Dear NRAO rep,

 My name is Scott Lipnick, and I am student at Brandeis University, and work
in
 the Radio Astronomy Group.  I recently bought a macintosh computer and began

 to use the terminal on it so that I can ssh into the computers at work.
 Everything works well except when I use difmap and aips, I do not know how to

 view the images.  I am wondering if you know of a program that I can get so
 that I can do these tasks.  The way we have been doing it at the lab is that

 we type mapl to prompt the map and then when it requests a viewer I put /xs.

 I am wondering also if when I am in the terminal if I can just write gv and
 some file and then my computer will open that file with ghost view,
eventhough
 I am working through the computer at the lab.

 Thanks a lot for all of your help,
 Scott Lipnick
 Brandeis University
 slipnick at brandeis.edu