[daip] LWPLA problem

Data Analysts analysts at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Oct 30 12:29:16 EST 2003

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From mack at ira.cnr.it Thu Oct 30 10:17 MST 2003
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 19:15:38 -0100 (GMT+1)
From: Karl-Heinz Mack <mack at ira.cnr.it>
To: Data Analysts <analysts at zia.aoc.nrao.edu>
Subject: LWPLA problem

Dear Analysts,

I have encountered a problem with LWPLA which appears to not have shown
up in our institute yet, so I don't know what to do.

We are running AIPS version 31DEC03.
I have used CNTR to make a plotfile which appeared to have ended
successfully. When I try to print this plotfile with LWPLA I get the
following message:

filia > LWPLA1: Task LWPLA  (release of 31DEC03) begins
filia > LWPLA1: No clipping or scaling applied to grey scale pixels
filia > LWPLA1: ZFULLN: LOGICAL NAME REQUIRED, FILE='OFMFIL:
filia > LWPLA1: Appears to have ended successfully
filia > LWPLA1: filia        31DEC03 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

My LWPLA input looks as follows:

>inp lwpla
AIPS 1: LWPLA:   Sends plot file(s) to a PostScript printer or file
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: USERID      643                    User ID. 0 => current user
AIPS 1:                                      32000 => all users
AIPS 1: INNAME     '3C105W_BX   '          Image name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'PBCOR '                Image name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         2                    Image name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        2                    Disk drive #
AIPS 1: PLVER         0                    Version # of PL file. 0=>last
AIPS 1: INVERS        0                    PL file version #, upper
AIPS 1:                                    limit if > PLVER
AIPS 1: ASPMM         0                    Arc sec. per mm. 0=self scale
AIPS 1: LPEN          3                    Pen width (dots).
AIPS 1: RGBGAMMA   *all 0                  Gamma correction to apply
AIPS 1: FUNCTYPE   '  '                    'NE','LG','NG', 'SQ', 'NQ'
AIPS 1:                                    else linear
AIPS 1: DPARM      *all 0                  (1,2) Clip recorded grays
AIPS 1:                                        before FUNCTYPE (0 to 1)
AIPS 1:                                    (3,4) After FUNCTYPE scale
AIPS 1:                                        by g*DPARM(3) + DPARM(4)
AIPS 1:                                    (5) Page orientation
AIPS 1:                                        0: fill page
AIPS 1:                                        1: portrait  2: landscape
AIPS 1:                                    (6) Paper type, for centering
AIPS 1:                                        0: quarto,      1: legal,
AIPS 1:                                        2: 4x5 in Slide,3: A3,
AIPS 1:                                        4: A4,     5: 35 mm Slide
AIPS 1:                                        6: 11 x 17
AIPS 1:                                        1000*X + Y -> XxY inches
AIPS 1:                                    (7) Font type, default
AIPS 1:                                        Helvetica-Bold (see help)
AIPS 1:                                    (8) Font size (in points,
AIPS 1:                                        default 13).
AIPS 1:                                    (9) Use CMYK color out rather
AIPS 1:                                        than RGB if > 0. Do this
AIPS 1:                                        for journals.
AIPS 1: OUTFILE    '                                                '
AIPS 1:                                    ' ' => print/delete
AIPS 1:                                    otherwise write named file.
AIPS 1: COPIES        1                    Number of copies if going
AIPS 1:                                    directly to a printer
AIPS 1: DODARK        1                    Paint dark vectors as "dark"
AIPS 1: OFMFILE    *all ' '                Color grey scales....
AIPS 1: DOCOLOR       0                    Use PLCOLORS ?
AIPS 1: PLCOLORS   *all 0                  Line, character, background
AIPS 1:                                    colors - see HELP.

I have tried already `restore 0' and `run newparams' but nothing happened
so far. It seems that other collegues don't have this problem although
using the same AIPS version. What am I doing wrongly?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

 Karl-Heinz

 Karl-Heinz Mack
 Istituto di Radioastronomia del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
 Via P. Gobetti 101                         E-mail: mack at ira.cnr.it
 I-40129 Bologna                            Phone : +39-051-6399373
 Italy                                      FAX   : +39-051-6399431

----- End Included Message -----