[daip] Re: LWPLA problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 30 10:55:42 EST 2003

Mauro Nanni writes:
 > Hello Eric
 >
 > Some weeks ago I install the 31DEC03 Aips (without patchs !) on
 > a cluster of Linux in RH 9.0.  And all works ..... or seems to
 > works :-}
 >
 > Then last weeks I applay the patchs and now I have problems
 > with the LWPLA task.

     Just a minute here - what patches????  The 31DEC03 version is the
current development version of AIPS and we just fix the code rather
than issue patches.  Have you copied 31DEC02 code to the 31DEC03 code
areas?  I just looked and the LWPLA code in the 31DEC02 patch area
differs from the current LWPLA by a lot - there are new adverbs so the
current help file will provide adverb values to the old version of
LWPLA in a pattern that it does not expect.  Thus things like the
OFMFILE may have very wrong (non-character) values.

Eric Greisen