[daip] LWPLA problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Oct 30 13:16:50 EST 2003

Please use the address daip at nrao.edu to ask questions about aips.  The
analysts are helpful folks but not experts at aips....

Data Analysts writes:

> [...]

   I received an e-mail today from Mauro Nanni <nanni at ira.cnr.it>
which indicated that the patches for 31DEC03 have been applied to
31DEC03 code.  There are no patches to the development version so the
patches that must have been applied are those of 31DEC02.  These are
not compatible, esp for LWPLA which has had considerable development
since.  In particular, the new help file send more adverbs to the task
than the old so the old version will not interpret the adverbs
correctly and gets bad (non-character) values in OFMFILE.  This
explains the error message.

    How to fix this depends on how the "patches" were applied.  AIPS
31DEC03 may have to be installed over again or the patches may be just
removed.  If the files that were patched are simply removed from ytour
system and a MNJ run, the correct files will appear in your system.
Then recompiles and links may be done.

Eric Greisen