[daip] AIPS installation

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Nov 19 10:25:08 EST 2003

Miguel de Val Borro writes:
 > Hi again,
 >
 > I'm trying to run AIPS in AFS without authentication so that other users
 > can run it, but it doesn't start because the command history can't be
 > read I think. Could you tell me where the area 'LASTEXIT' is?

I think I do not understand what your problem is.  The LASTEXIT is a
SAVE/GET file containing a full copy of the POPS vocabulary/values/procs
written as you exit.  The files are in $DA01 named SGDuuu.nnn.uuu\;
where uuu is the user number in extended hex and nnn is a sequence
number in extended hex.  The index file is always nnn=000 and the
LASTEXIT is frequently nnn=001.

The command history is probably the readline history instead of the
lastexit.  Its name in the $DA00 area is RLD000mmm.uuu\; where mmm is
some sort of sequence number and 001 is the most recent.  It seems to
be saved with restrictive file privileges -rw------- but aips should
run fine if the read of this fails.