[daip] Re: FW: LWPLA after AIPS midnight job

Hiroshi IMAI imai at jive.nl
Wed May 21 04:17:48 EDT 2003

Dear Eric,

We really appreciate so much your fixing the LWPLA problem in JIVE.
The situation was much more complicated than I expected and could fix.
In more detail in remained problems, Andy will explain whan is now
happening.

Best regards,

Hiroshi

> I believe I have fixed things.
>
> 1. When I linked LWPLA to test it, there was an error message about
> the contents of the $YSUB library.  I blew the old one away and made a
> new one.  That seems to have fixed LWPLA all by itself.
>
> 2. There was a report from Australia about $YSUB/GINITL not optimizing
> correctly.  This could be the cause of trouble with bounding boxes.  I
> recompiled GINITL NOOPT on your machine (and finally fixed
> $SYSUNIX/OPTIMIZE.LIS on the master machine).  Then I rebuild both
> $YPGM and $YPGNOT program areas.
>
> 3. Despite the information provided, I found that the user numbers
> which had plot files were 180, 181, 185, 189.  Logging in as them, I
> found that none of them had modern adverbs set.  All had OFMFILE
> adverb trashed when doing a TGET and all of them did not do a COMPRESS
> to get the new adverbs.  So, on user 185, I did a compress and
> otherwise cleaned up his adverbs to test the programs.  I did a KNTR
> and several LWPLA's and all seem okay at this point.
>
> Thanks for fixing the security wall to let me in.  I am happy to do
> this sort of thing since I find it easier to mess with an aips setup
> myself than top ask all the right questions.
>
> Let me know if there is still any problem.
>
> Eric Greisen

        *          Hiroshi IMAI, Ph.D.
 *             *   EVN Support Scientist,   E-mail: imai at jive.nl
     European
*     VLBI      *
      Network       Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe (JIVE)
 *             *    Postbus 2, 7990 AA Dwingeloo, the Netherlands
   *         *      Tel: +31 521 596540 (Office) FAX: +31 521 597332
        *           URL: www.jive.nl/~imai