[daip] XAS help needed on home Mac running 10.2.6

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at nrao.edu
Sun Jun 8 19:17:29 EDT 2003

Hi Jeff; as Eric et al. may not get to this till tomorrow morning, and
as I think I know what the problem is, I'll pipe in.

On Sun,  8 Jun 2003 17:51:28 -0400, "Jeffrey A. Pedelty"
   <Jeffrey.A.Pedelty at nasa.gov> said:

> XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
> XAS: Using screen width height 1430 900, max grey level 255
> XAS: *** Using shared memory option for speed ***
> Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument

I know nothing about X11 on Darwin or OSX, but the first thing I'd try
on seeing this is to do:

   echo 'AIPStv*useSharedMemory: 0' | xrdb -merge

and try it again.  This tells XAS to not try to use X11 shared memory.

As for why shared memory is failing in the first place, I don't know.
It would depend on the extensions built into your X server, on what
DISPLAY was set to (localhost by the looks of it) and perhaps more.

Hope this helps.
				- Pat