[daip] XAS help needed on home Mac running 10.2.6

Jeffrey A. Pedelty Jeffrey.A.Pedelty at nasa.gov
Sun Jun 8 17:51:28 EDT 2003

Eric et al.,

With pleasure I've installed AIPS on our home iMac.  Your notes were complete
and I was able to install X11 and build AIPS itself without error.  All seems
fine now except XAS.

My home network may be relevant, as I've set the Mac to DHCP with a Linksys
router that is connected to a cable modem.  I set LAPTOP to YES in LOGIN.CSH,
and XAS does start up, but then gives the error message: "Shared memory id
failure: Invalid argument"  Here's the full log:

XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK Daemon TVSERV on localhost
XASERVERS: Start XAS on localhost, DISPLAY localhost:0.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: Using screen width height 1430 900, max grey level 255
XAS: *** Using shared memory option for speed ***
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain

Thanks in advance.

Jeff