[daip] tape trouble

Eric Greisen egreisen at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Jul 2 13:25:36 EDT 2003

Craig Walker writes:

 > AIPS 1: ZABORS: signal 7 received
 > AIPS 1: ABORT!
 > Illegal instruction (core dumped)

AIPS was rebuild last night in the MNJ - hence the aborts.

 > I then restarted AIPS (having my usual problem that the typing of the user number
 > appears in the message window despite the cursor having been in the main window
 > all along - but that's a minor annoyance).  I then typed TAPES and it did

I wish I understood the capture of attention but do not.  If you don't
want the message window it can be stopped with a logical in your
login.

 > So I set up for disk 4 and now I get connection refused.  Perhaps I can't do
 > this from linux to sun.  Switched to mizar (linux) and the tape mounted ok and tph worked.

It should work between all architectures - but TPMON must be running
on pinon.  If you did not start them, then maybe they were not running
and "connection refused" is what you will get.  Mizar may have been
running the TPMONs while pinon was not (it is not running them as I
type this).