[daip] Passwd New Installation

Martin Bureau bureau at astro.columbia.edu
Thu Jan 23 00:21:12 EST 2003

HI,

I just completed a new installation of 31DEC03 on a RedHat 7.2
machine, after installing the recommended GNU 2.95.3 compiler.
The installation did not go as smoothly as I was hoping (although the
instructtions on the web are great, thanks!), but finally it
seems to work!

(Why are the data directories listed with "-" rather than "+" in the
$AIPSROOT/DA00/DADEVS.LIST file created? That causes problems with
FILAIP later on. Furthermore, some guidance on the permissions needed
for various directories in $AIPSROOT as well as the data directories
defined would have helped...)

One problem does linger, however. I try to adjust the AIPSmark using
SETPAR as advised on the web. But it does not accept "amanager" as
password, neither any of the likely ones (e.g. the root password since
I installed as root). Any idea what I should use or how to reset it?

Thank you for your help,

	Martin

   Martin Bureau
   Columbia Astrophysics Laboratory     Ph: +1 (212) 854-6899
   550 West,120th Street               Fax: +1 (212) 854-8121
   1027 Pupin Hall, Mail Code 5247   Email: bureau at astro.columbia.edu
   New York, NY 10027                 http://www.strw.leidenuniv.nl/~bureau/