[daip] final messages

Pedro Manuel Augusto augusto at uma.pt
Mon Sep 30 14:01:34 EDT 2002

Dear Eric/colleagues,

I have entered aips under user "aips" (the one that installed it) and get
the following error:

STARTPMON: [AUGUSTO] The FITS area (/home/aips/AIPS/FITS) is not a
directory!
STARTPMON: [AUGUSTO] This area is needed by TPMON1 (for FITS disk access)
STARTPMON: [AUGUSTO] Will NOT start any TPMON daemons.

Is this critical? I do intend to use a remote tape drive to load data.
Another question: I was asked a password after introducing the aips user
number (1) for user "aips" which obviously was the AMANAGER one (I did not
change the default).

Then I tried a new user (augusto; aips number 200) and no password was
asked. Is this ok?

Entering under the "augusto" acount I got the following errors:

ZDCHI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
ZDCHI1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC01) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)

and after introducing the aips number the errors:

 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD05K000.05K;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:ACD000000;
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD05K000.05K;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD05K000.05K;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ACCOUNT: OPEN ERROR      6

And then it looks normal.
Please tell me if I must correct something or if everything is ok now.
Regards,

Pedro Augusto