[daip] CLCOR position shifts

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Sep 3 15:18:57 EDT 2002

Mark,

Can I start with the history.

Until the last change of CLCOR(~year ago), CLCOR had modified the CL
table in accordance of the given shift of RA and declination but had
not change the SU table.

~Year ago we decided to make the relevant change of the SU table.
There was a discusion here which coordinates: apparent or epoch (J200 usually)
should be modified. Finally we decided to modify the apparent coordinates
and recalculate the modifyed apparent position to J2000.

So the apparent coordinates should be shifted precisely by the amount
given at CLCORPRM(5,6) and the J2000 coordinates correspond to the
modified apparent coordinates and should be different of the epoch
coordinates given at the initial SU table.

Leonia