[daip] question for aips installation

Gloria Dubner gdubner at iafe.uba.ar
Tue Oct 29 10:00:56 EST 2002

Hi aips guys,

I have been failing the last couple of days in my intent to install the
31DEC02 version of aips classic. It fails in the compilation, I cannot
find the problem and do not know enough of the system to understand what
is wrong with the g77 (the install complains:failed to compile... many
times, and then is unable to run instep2).
I have installed gcc-2.95.3 under /usr/bin/gcc

Is there any way (that I cannot find from the web page) to retrieve the
binaries ? It is to be installed in a PC with Linux 7.3
If I can directly install the binaries, I can  postpone my worries
about what is wrong in my Linux compiler.

I do not have a sysmanager to ask for help. Sorry for bothering you.
Many thanks,
Gloria

  Dra. Gloria Dubner               | Phone: (54-11) 4781-6755, 4783-2642,
  IAFE - Ciudad Universitaria      |                4789-0179, 4788-1916
  Casilla de Correo 67,Suc.28      | Fax:   (54-11) 4786-8114
  1428 Buenos Aires, Argentina     | http://www.iafe.uba.ar/astronomia