[daip] Failed to complie in INSTEP[34] on AXLINUX

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon May 20 12:32:25 EDT 2002

On Tue, 21 May 2002 01:20:30 +0900, Yas Murata <murata at vsop.isas.ac.jp> said:

> Thank you for your quick response.

>> What's your disk space situation like, especially /tmp and the /mnt/AIPS
>> partitions?  This looks suspiciously like a disk-full situation.

> /tmp has 249 M byte free space, and /mnt/AIPS has 25 G byte free space.

Fair enough; I suspected this might not be the problem, but didn't want to
ignore the possibility.

> I tried to redo with "COMLNK $QPGOOP/IMAGR", but saw the same error
> message.

Can you try

                     COMLNK $QPGOOP/IMAGR DEBUG NOOPT

and let us know what it says?  A complete log of the output would be
helpful.

Also, check the $SYSLOCAL/LIBR.DAT (send it to me separately if necessary)
for oddities.  Also, why don't you cd to $TST/$ARCH/INSTALL/ and edit the
QPGOOP.LIS file to make INSTEP4 think IMAGR is done, so we can see if it's
the only problem (put a "-" in front of the IMAGR name).

We can only provide very limited help with your problem given that we do
not have any Alpha/Linux machines in house.  In fact we only have two
Alphas left, one of which is about to be decommissioned.  Both run OSF/1
4.0-D.  The Alpha architecture, like Sparc Ultra, just has not proven to
be cost-competitive when we measure AIPSMarks per dollar.

				- Pat