[daip] Failed to complie in INSTEP[34] on AXLINUX

Yas Murata murata at vsop.isas.ac.jp
Mon May 20 12:20:30 EDT 2002

Dear Pat,

Thank you for your quick response.

> What's your disk space situation like, especially /tmp and the /mnt/AIPS
> partitions?  This looks suspiciously like a disk-full situation.

/tmp has 249 M byte free space, and /mnt/AIPS has 25 G byte free space.
There was no "Disk full" message in the system log.

> It could also be memory exhaustion; I've seen such things occasionally in
> the past (though I don't think on alpha/linux; our only such AXLINUX
> machine was decommisioned over a year ago).  Typically they occur in cron
> jobs where a lot of compiles were done at once, and redoing the compile
> and link on the problematic module (COMLNK $QPGOOP/IMAGR in this case)
> interactively will work with no errors.

I tried to redo with "COMLNK $QPGOOP/IMAGR", but saw the same error
message.
We have 1 Gbyte memory on this machine. I think memory is enough.

Best Regards,

Yas Murata

 < Yasuhiro Murata >   E-mail: murata at vsop.isas.ac.jp
      The Institute of Space and Astronautical Science, JAPAN
      Tel: +81-42-759-8346 (direct) or -8399 Fax: +81-42-759-8485/-769-8949