[daip] Your e-mail

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri May 3 10:56:19 EDT 2002

I am about to bounce your e-mail.  It is awfully long.  I have read
the precursor and that is all I need to read.

1. The symptoms you describe in TVFLG tell me that you did not pay
attention to what compiler you should use.  See
     http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/aips
in red and yellow.  You used the one supplied with RedHat and that
does not correctly compile aips, aips++, and other packages.

2. The MNJ has to be run from a cron job.  install.pl sets up a
do_daily.hostname in your home area and various other files.  It
cannot set up the cron job - if you really want to run it all the
time.  An alternative is to execute do_daily by hand when the mood
strikes.