[daip] Re: Your AIPS Registration for 31DEC01

Savio L. A. D'Costa sdcosta at tifr.res.in
Wed Mar 27 06:55:26 EST 2002

Dear Sir,

I had to recompile the AIPS source code since I had done it using
gcc-2.96.
After installing gcc-2.95.3, I reran install.pl but the whole tree got
corrupted so I deleted the AIPS directory and the .AIPSRC files and
started the whole installation process again. I tried using the
registration information that was sent to me but I keep getting a
registration error.

Enter number to change or  0 = Print, -1 = Return
19
 19  Local system Registration (A20)    UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!
     Registration key 1 is            0
     Registration key 2 is            0
     Registration key 3 is            0
     Registration key 4 is            0
     Registration key 5 is            0
     Registration key 6 is            0
 *** Registration not valid for any version
Enter Registration Keys from NRAO (-1 if same):
     Registration key 1 is            0
436732960
     Registration key 2 is            0
56693059
     Registration key 3 is            0
136316979
     Registration key 4 is            0
436732960
     Registration key 5 is            0
56693059
     Registration key 6 is            0
136316979
     Enter code (-1 for no change) for AIPS Version 31DEC01

****  MORE VALUES PLEASE :
825246533
 *** Registration failed!  UNREGISTERED status kept
Enter number to change or  0 = Print, -1 = Return

Am I doing something wrong?

My new REGISTER.INFO file is

AIPSVER=31DEC01
AIPSDATE="Wed Mar 27 11:48:37 IST 2002"
INSTNAME="Infrared Astronomy, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research"
INSTADDR1="Homi Bhabha Road,"
INSTADDR2="Colaba,"
INSTADDR3="Mumbai - 400005"
INSTADDR4="India."
CONTACT="Savio L. A. D'Costa"
PHONE="+91 22 2152971 Extn. 2252"
FAX="+91 22 2152110"
EMAIL="sdcosta at tifr.res.in"
SITE="TIFRIR"
FIRSTHOSTS=" IRAIPS LINUX"
ARCH="Linux"
AIPSARCH="LINUX"
ARCHALL="Linux iraips 2.4.7-10 #1 Thu Sep 6 17:27:27 EDT 2001 i686
unknown"
NUM="1"
DDTFORMAT="DAT"

I would be pleased if you could help me out with this problem.
Thanking you.
Savio L. A. D'Costa.