[daip] No data areas defined after AIPS installation

Paul L. Fisher phfisher at ulm.edu
Mon Mar 18 22:33:33 EST 2002

Hi:

I downloaded and installed AIPS 31DEC01 on an Intel system running Red
Hat 7.2 (after installing gcc 2.95 per the instructions). Installation
seemed ok until it got to running FILAIP at the end. Then it complained
that no data areas had been defined, even though I did so during the
installation script. I've pasted a copy of the output below, followed by
the contents of my DADEVS.LIST file. I did notice that there is no
DADEVS.SH shell script, which the file refers to. Has it been replaced
by some other script or is that the problem?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks very much.

--Paul Fisher

Output of install.pl:
AipsWiz: That seemed to work.  GREAT!!!!
AipsWiz:  =====> Generate system files via FILAIP/POPSGN...
AipsWiz: This will generate some output, including a copyright (left)
AipsWiz: statement and some prompts, but should end with a 'Done!' if
AipsWiz: everything worked...

Data disk assignments:
  (Using global default file /usr/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)

HELP!  No Defined data areas!  You can proceed now to run
program FILAIP, but you may see LOTS of complaints about
not being able to access the message file.  If you think
there should have been some data areas defined, please
check DADEVS.LIST or .dadevs files, or AIPSASSN.\*
If you want to proceed, enter YES (uppercase) now:
.
.
.
And here is what's in my DADEVS.LIST file which is located in
/usr/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST  (/usr/aips is $AIPS_ROOT)

# DADEVS.LIST
# This is a DADEVS list file containing a list of AIPS data directories.
# Refer to $AIPS_ROOT/DADEVS.SH for more information.
-  /usr/aips/data/jansky_1

---------------------- End of pasted text