[daip] whoops: MNJ

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Mar 18 12:42:54 EST 2002

On Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:29:15 -0500, Grant Denn <gdenn at sbc.edu> said:

> I had thought I properly set up the MNJ but it did not run over the
> weekend.  Perhaps we need a secure shell key

No, you should not need any ssh key; the secure shell is not needed for
operation of a midnight job anymore.  It's all based on anonymous CVS.

> 30 1 * * 1-6 /home/aipsmgr/do_daily.jono

> Since I don't know how to decode the crontab file

"man 5 crontab" tells you how.  Excerpt:

              field          allowed values
              -----          --------------
              minute         0-59
              hour           0-23
              day of month   1-31
              month          1-12 (or names, see below)
              day of week    0-7 (0 or 7 is Sun, or use names)

So you've told cron to fire up /home/aipsmgr/do_daily.jono at 1:30am every
day of the week except Sunday.

Commands executed in cron do not get the benefit of your usual dot login
files (.profile, .cshrc, etc); so hence the previous comments about
getting your PATH set up so that it includes obvious things like
/usr/bin (which it should anyway).

			- Pat (not in the AIPS group, just knows a
                               little [very little!] about this stuff)