[daip] Big AIPS problem

Mike Brotherton mbrother at ohmah.tuc.noao.edu
Fri Mar 15 11:44:54 EST 2002

Hi there,

We're no longer able to operate aips for one of our user
numbers (and we do have files here we'd like to access!).
An experienced aips user we contacted has seen this problem
before but the suggested solution did not work -- she advised
we email you.  Here is the problem:

AIPS 2:                          31DEC01 AIPS:
AIPS 2:      Copyright (C) 1995-2001 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 2:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 2:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 2: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 2: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 2: Previous session command-line history recovered.
AIPS 2: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
AIPS 2: ZFIO: OPER = READ LUN = 27 NREC =      193
AIPS 2: ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 196609 THRU = 197632 BEYOND EOF = 196608
AIPS 2: ZERROR: IN ZFI2   ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
AIPS 2: DISK PROBLEM   CODES:       3      0

>exit
AIPS 2: SYMBOL?       EXIT
>task 'listr'
AIPS 2: SYMBOL?       TASK

Etc.  Must control-c out.  Logging in with a different user number
and things work fine.  I assume there is some user specific file
that is corrupt or something.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike Brotherton