[daip] FITLD error on AIX

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Jan 9 10:25:37 EST 2002

Yoko Isono writes:
 > Thank you for your answer about FITLD.
 >
 > > IBM has changed their Fortran since we last owned an IBM workstation.
 > > It now returns an error code 1 for end of file.  In 31DEC01 I have
 > > repaired this and issues about files > 2 Gbytes in size by converting
 > > all FITS disk I/O to C.  But for 31DEC00 there is a problem.  I
 > > suggestthatyou cut out the file attached below and do the following:

Since you had installed AIPS I assumed you knew something about its
structure:

  -1. cd directory used for AIPS_ROOT

   0.  source or dot LOGIN.SH or LOGIN.CSH
       $CDTST

then all the logicals will be known

 > > 1. Copy the file to $APLIBM/ZTPWAD.FOR
 >
 > I want to try that. But, I don't know where is $APLIBM.
 > You sent me new Subroutine ZTPWAD.FOR.
 > Do I have to copy it to where?
 > I found them (pwd is /31DEC00/)
 > ./APL/DEV/UNIX/BELL/HP/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/UNIX/BELL/SOL/SOL86/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/UNIX/BELL/SGI/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/UNIX/BERK/ALLN/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/UNIX/BERK/CVEX/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/UNIX/BERK/DEC/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/UNIX/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/VMS/ZTPWAD.FOR
 > ./APL/DEV/ZTPWAD.FOR
 >
 > > 2. COMRPL $APLIBM/ZTPWAD
 > > 3. COMLNK $APGNOT/FITLD
 >
 > And then I will input 2&3.
 >
 > > 4. test it.
 >
 > Amd then I re-try 'fitld'.
 >
 > > 5. If it works then
 > >
 > > COMLNK $AIPPGM/AIPS
 > > COMLNK $AIPNOT/TPMON
 > > COMLNK $AIPNOT/GRITP
 > > COMLNK $AIPNOT/GR2TEX
 > > COMLNK $APLPGM/PRTTP
 > > COMLNK $APLPGM/AVTP
 > > COMLNK $APLPGM/TCOPY
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/BAKLD
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/BAKTP
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/FILLM
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/FILLR
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/FITTP
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/GSCAT
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/IMLOD
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/MK3IN
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/MK3TX
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/UVLOD
 > > COMLNK $APGNOT/M3TAR
 >
 > Do I have to input them after doing 'fitld' ?

These are all the other programs that do tape manipulation.  If the
fix I sent works in FITLD then you should apply the fix to all of the
programs.  A few are important to you although many of them you will
probably never use.