[daip] FITLD error on AIX

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 8 11:14:04 EST 2002

MOCHIZUKI Nanako writes:
 > Dear AIPS staffs.
 >
 > I have installed 31DEC00 AIPS in IBM AIX 4.3.
 > However, FITLD did not work correctly.
 > I am sending you the error message.
 >
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: Task FITLD  (release of 31DEC00) begins
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: ZTPOPD: using translated file name =
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: ZTPOPD: /home/vlbi/aips/FITS/2351.FITS
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: Found 2352+495 observed on 10-SEP-2000
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: UV data will be written in compressed format
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: Create TEST        .UVDATA.   1 (UV)  on disk  1  cno   19
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: Warning: table type OB is of zero length
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: ZTPWAT: ERROR   3 FOR LUN = 25 IBUFF = 2 TO DISK
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: ZERROR: IN ZTPWAD ERRNO = 1 (Not owner)
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: ZERROR: IN ZTPWAD ERRNO = 1 (Not owner)
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: This usually means PARITY ERROR
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: TAPIO: ERROR   3  READING FILE
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: ERROR READING FITS TABLE
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: ERROR      1 RETURNED FROM FITRXU
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
 > MTKSP1> FITLD1: mtksp1       31DEC00 TST: Cpu=       3.0  Real=       4
 >
 > Another tasks seemed to work successfully.
 > How can I do ?

IBM has changed their Fortran since we last owned an IBM workstation.
It now returns an error code 1 for end of file.  In 31DEC01 I have
repaired this and issues about files > 2 Gbytes in size by converting
all FITS disk I/O to C.  But for 31DEC00 there is a problem.  I
suggestthatyou cut out the file attached below and do the following:

1. Copy the file to $APLIBM/ZTPWAD.FOR
2. COMRPL $APLIBM/ZTPWAD
3. COMLNK $APGNOT/FITLD
4. test it.
5. If it works then

COMLNK $AIPPGM/AIPS
COMLNK $AIPNOT/TPMON
COMLNK $AIPNOT/GRITP
COMLNK $AIPNOT/GR2TEX
COMLNK $APLPGM/PRTTP
COMLNK $APLPGM/AVTP
COMLNK $APLPGM/TCOPY
COMLNK $APGNOT/BAKLD
COMLNK $APGNOT/BAKTP
COMLNK $APGNOT/FILLM
COMLNK $APGNOT/FILLR
COMLNK $APGNOT/FITTP
COMLNK $APGNOT/GSCAT
COMLNK $APGNOT/IMLOD
COMLNK $APGNOT/MK3IN
COMLNK $APGNOT/MK3TX
COMLNK $APGNOT/UVLOD
COMLNK $APGNOT/M3TAR

----------------------------CUT HERE------------------------------------
      SUBROUTINE ZTPWAD (FCB, IERR)
C-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C! "wait" for IO operation to complete on pseudo-tape disk file (ZTPMID)
C# Tape FITS
C-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C;  Copyright (C) 1995, 2002
C;  Associated Universities, Inc. Washington DC, USA.
C;
C;  This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
C;  modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as
C;  published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of
C;  the License, or (at your option) any later version.
C;
C;  This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
C;  but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
C;  MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
C;  GNU General Public License for more details.
C;
C;  You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public
C;  License along with this program; if not, write to the Free
C;  Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge,
C;  MA 02139, USA.
C;
C;  Correspondence concerning AIPS should be addressed as follows:
C;         Internet email: aipsmail at nrao.edu.
C;         Postal address: AIPS Project Office
C;                         National Radio Astronomy Observatory
C;                         520 Edgemont Road
C;                         Charlottesville, VA 22903-2475 USA
C-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C   Wait until an I/O operation is complete for sequential pseudo-tape
C   disk files and return its status.
C   Inputs:
C      FCB    I(*)   File control block for opened pseudo-tape disk file
C   Output:
C      IERR   I      Error return code: 0 => no error
C                       3 => I/O error
C                       4 => end of file
C                       7 => wait service error
C   NOTE: EOFERR value will vary between systems.  If synchronous I/O,
C   no need to wait.
C   IBM version, cloned from Sun version.
C-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      INTEGER   FCB(*), IERR
      INTEGER   JERR, EOFERR, EOFER2
      INCLUDE 'INCS:DMSG.INC'
      INCLUDE 'INCS:DZCH.INC'
C                                       System dependent EOF error
C                                       HP-UX fortran reports two
C                                       errors, depending on mode.
      DATA EOFERR /-1/,
     *     EOFER2 /1/
C-----------------------------------------------------------------------
      IERR = 0
C                                       System error code from the FCB
      JERR = FCB(1+FCBERR)
      IF (JERR.NE.0) THEN
         IERR = 3
         IF ((JERR.LT.0) .OR. (JERR.EQ.EOFERR)
     *                   .OR. (JERR.EQ.EOFER2)) IERR = 4
         END IF
 999  RETURN
      END