[daip] (no subject)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Feb 12 19:10:14 EST 2002

Svetlana Jorstad writes:

 > I am very upset since starting from 15APR99 I did not have
 > problems to install AIPS and especially the version 31DEC00
 > was very easy to install.

    31DEC02 installs very much more easily than previous versions I do
not understand your problems.

 > I tried to recover that sometimes worked before and copied
 > some files (MSGSRV.EXE ZSTRTA.EXE TPMON.EXE) from 31DEC00/SUL/LOAD
 > to 31DEC02/SUL/LOAD. But it did not help to run aips. I send you
 > also the result of START_AIPS for 31DEC02.

    This will not help

 > AipsWiz:  =====> Make the XAS TV Server from source...
 > AipsWiz: XAS.SHR appears to be already unpacked.
 > AipsWiz: About to try to make XAS...
 >
 > sh: make: execute permission denied
 > sh: make: execute permission denied
 > AipsWiz: Error: Failed to build the XAS program.
 > AipsWiz: Error: This means no AIPS TV will be available.
 > AipsWiz: ==> Press <ENTER> to acknowledge::
 > AipsWiz:  =====> Preparing for INSTEP2 and INSTEP4 (building AIPS)...
 > AipsWiz:  =====> Preparing for the "Midnight Job"...
 > AipsWiz: Midnight Job area /rjet2/aips/31DEC02/SUL/UPDATE seems OK.
 > AipsWiz: =========================================================
 > AipsWiz:  =====> start INSTEP2 and INSTEP4...

    Did you run INSTEP2 and INSTEP4?  You must do this to compile
AIPS.  Otherwise there is noting to run.

 > jorstad% START_AIPS
 >
 > ZSTRT1: ZACTV8: TASK AIPS   DOES NOT EXIST IN
 > ZSTRT1: ZACTV8: VERSION = /rjet2/aips/31DEC02/SUL/LOAD
 > ZSTRT1: ZSTRTA: ACTIVATION ERROR =      1

This certainly suggests that you did not do INSTEP2 and INSTEP4.  What
is in the
   /rjet2/aips/31DEC02/SUL/LOAD
directory?

Did you look at the Makefile in $YSERV/XAS?  Where is your SUNWspro
directory - is it what is selected in the Makefile?

It is too late today, but tomorrow if you want I can log in to your
machine and work on this.  Change your password to something, call me
at 505-835-7236 (mountain time zone) to tell me what it is and then I
can look at the installation.  You have clearly worked yourself into a
frazzle and - when I do that - I can no longer debug things properly.