[daip] (no subject)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Feb 12 13:52:53 EST 2002

Svetlana Jorstad writes:

 > I sent you not the log file - I sent the MESSAGES on the SCREEN
 > (by the way there is no log file in the new system of installation).
 >
 > > Copy 31DEC00/SUL/LIBR/GNU/* to 31DEC01/SUL/LIBR/GNU/ -
 > I did it before I decided to ask you about a help
 > and it does not work with ./update.pl.

    It did work - you have hit yet another problem but the
libreadline.a problem is gone.

 > I don't want to use install.pl since I have a lot of data
 > in aips.

install.pl does not hurt anything except the $AIPS_ROOT AIPSPATH files
which may have to be edited.

Frankly I am baffled about why you guys are having so much trouble -
no one else seems to have this level of trouble.  It is true that I
have abandoned update.pl but it should still work.

Eric

 > Thanks,
 > Svetlana Jorstad
 > It is the messages from the screen:
 > jorstad% ./update.pl
 > Using ARCH=SUL; This should be the AIPS architecture
 > --------- unpacking stuff --------------
 > 31DEC01 directory exists; assume unpacking done.
 > ------------- Set up temporary definition files -----------
 > Zapping old aipspath.sh...Created aipspath.sh with 31DEC01 as TST
 > No need to create login.sh, already exists
 > Zapping old aipspath.csh...Created aipspath.csh with 31DEC01 as TST
 > No need to create login.csh, already exists
 > -------------- check GETRLS.FOR ---------------
 > 31DEC01/APL/SUB/GETRLS.FOR has correct version (31DEC01)
 > -------------- check AP size ----------------
 > no /rjet2/aips/31DEC01/INC/NOTST/SUL/PAPC.INC found...
 > Based on 31DEC01/INC/PAPC.INC, current AP size is 5 Mbytes.
 > If this is not acceptable, please edit that file now,
 > or put a copy in 31DEC01/INC/NOTST/SUL/
 > (but check /INCS.SH first!!!)
 > Press <RETURN> when you are ready to proceed...
 > -------------- programs in $SYSLOCAL -------------
 > Using 31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/ as $SYSLOCAL area
 > Found existing F2PS program; good.
 > Found existing F2TEXT program; good.
 > Found existing NEWEST program; good.
 > Found existing PRINTENV program; good.
 > Found existing PWD program; good.
 > Found existing REVENV program; good.
 > Found existing PP.EXE program; good.
 > No DOTWOLIB, so no DEBUG libraries will be built.
 > If you want to change this, do so now.
 > Press <RETURN> to continue...
 > Moved AIPS to AIPS.OLD in 31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/
 > Moved aips to aips.OLD in 31DEC01/SUL/SYSTEM/
 > -------------- Readline Library ---------------
 > There's already a libreadline.a in LIBR/GNU; good.
 > --------------- Make XAS (display server) --------------
 > Using /rjet2/aips/31DEC01/SUL/LIBR/GNU/UNSHR.SUL to unpack XAS.SHR
 > Unpacking XAS.SHR... (ignore the prompt)
 >   Enter the name of the archive:
 > Now making.  Needs GNU make on some systems.
 > AIPS_VERSION=/rjet2/aips/31DEC00
 > sh: make: execute permission denied
 > sh: make: execute permission denied
 > No LOAD/XAS found, make failed!
 > jorstad%

It is odd that it seems to have reverted to your old version and then
found a make (or something inside the Makefile like the C compiler)
with no execute privilege.

Check the Makefile in $YSERV/XAS.  It does specify the CC_SUL as
/opt/SUNWSPRO/bin/cc which may not be right for you.  (install.pl
edits this to put the right C comiler in.)

Eric