[daip] AIPS HELP

Andrew A. West west at toast.astro.washington.edu
Fri Aug 23 14:08:50 EDT 2002

> #As for the other issue, for some reason, when I install AIPS on my
> #network, the DA00/HOST files only has SPACE.  It does not contain any of
> #the other important files.  I installed with just one host to start and it
> #does not have these files.  I did not have this problem will my laptop and
> #I did everything exactly the same.  ANy ideas?
> #
>
> Well, I'd say something went wrong in the installation, and to debug that
> we'd need much more info. Like which version, what machine, how you did it
> - by hand or install.pl - your inputs and the (error) messages it gave.

I am installing 31DEC02 version of AIPS on a linux network. I am
installing it on the /net drive which all of the computers on our network
can see.  I am using the install.pl.  I was trying to configure aips for
one host on this network and then I will work from there.

> On the other hand, maybe RUNning FILAIP, SETPAR and POPSGN by hand as
> described in the INSTALL.PS document might solve your problem.

I tried this serval times but I get the same errors.

The two main errors still are:

ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD1PQ000.1PQ;    NOT FOUND

and

AIPS 1: ZERROR ON FILE DA00:PWD000000;

Thanks, Andrew