[daip] AIPS HELP

Lorant Sjouwerman, NRAO lsjouwer at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 23 14:57:24 EDT 2002

#
#I tried this serval times but I get the same errors.
#
#The two main errors still are:
#
#ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD1PQ000.1PQ;    NOT FOUND

To my knowledge this occurs only if it cannot write on your data disk
$DA01, either because it is protected or because it is not finding the
place/SPACE. There is nothing special about the MS file.

So can you tell me whether you as a user (not aips installer) have
permission to read/write in this directory (try eg 'touch $DA01/test')

Is $DA01 defined, are the links in place, are they in DADEVS and NETSP, and
is the $DA01/SPACE read/write for you as a user? ('chmod 666 $DA01/SPACE')

#
#and
#
#AIPS 1: ZERROR ON FILE DA00:PWD000000;

I suspect this is related to the problem above, but cannot tell from this
sparse info - I need to see what the messages are that install.pl gives
when these files are supposed to be generated, what you defined for data
disks and whether you wanted links to other area's. If it is a directory
permission issue, it is likely that it couldn't create the files in DA00
resulting in this message and the other files in $DA00 missing

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - VLBA Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at aoc.nrao.edu