[daip] 31DEC02 Install problems

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Apr 16 11:19:16 EDT 2002

Michelle D'Vali writes:

    I am sorry I forgot to get tp this - partly because I have no
clear idea of the cause.  I hope you have solved it rather than just
been very patient.

 > I've just tried installing the 31DEC02 version of AIPS onto a linux pc
 > running RedHat 6.2.  It claims to have installed okay, however, during the
 > FILAIP and POPSGN part I got a load of INVALID RECORD REQUEST errors, and
 > these also appear when someone tries to run AIPS.  Below is the last bit
 > of output produced by AIPS when it was installed:
 >
 > MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
 > FILAI1: ZCREAT: FILE DA00:GRD000000; ALREADY EXISTS
 >  MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 >  ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******

All of these appear to have a very bad record number in a pre-existing
message file for user 1.  Did you copy old Solaris files to the Linux
disk?  This does not work since the byte orders are opposite so that
the bits convey different meanings.

If all these files (GR, PW, TC, ...) in the DA00 area were copied from
Solaris they should be destroyed and new ones made with FILAIP.

The message file in the first data area:
          MSD001000.001;
should also be destroyed.  Any data files copied from Solaris are no
good on Linux.  You have to use FITS to move such data.