[daip] Re: ALMOST THERE!!

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Apr 10 10:20:09 EDT 2002

Jeff writes:
 > Just one slight issue which I don't think will be too hard.  When
 > looading AIPs it says:
 >
 > XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0.0
 > AIPStek: fatal pty error 23 (errno=22) on tty /dev/pts/2
 > STARTPMON: [LOCALHOST] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
 > XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on localhost, DISPLAY :0.0
 > AIPSmsg: fatal pty error 23 (errno=22) on tty /dev/pts/2

These will be tricky to fix - but interesting to do so.

Many people prefer to function without the MSGSRV but the TEKSRV is
used by most people (but is not essential).

Both are programs in $AIPNOT (MSGSRV, TEKSRV) and both bring up an
xterm window to do things in.  The former writes lines to the xterm
and the latter writes lines to a TEKtronix emulator xterm (a second
window) doing line plots fast.

Hope this helps

Eric