[daip] 31DEC02 Install problems

Michelle D'Vali md at sunstar4.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 10 10:12:08 EDT 2002

Hi

I've just tried installing the 31DEC02 version of AIPS onto a linux pc
running RedHat 6.2.  It claims to have installed okay, however, during the
FILAIP and POPSGN part I got a load of INVALID RECORD REQUEST errors, and
these also appear when someone tries to run AIPS.  Below is the last bit
of output produced by AIPS when it was installed:

MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
FILAI1: ZCREAT: FILE DA00:GRD000000; ALREADY EXISTS
 MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
FILAI1: GR FILE NOT INITIALIZED. USE FILINI IF YOU REALLY MEAN IT
 MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
FILAI1: ZCREAT: FILE DA00:PWD000000; ALREADY EXISTS
 MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
FILAI1: PW FILE NOT INITIALIZED. USE FILINI IF YOU REALLY MEAN IT
 MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
FILAI1: ZCREAT: FILE DA00:TCD000001; ALREADY EXISTS
 MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
FILAI1: Done!
AipsWiz: FILAIP seems to have run correctly.  Now running POPSGN.
AipsWiz: This will show a prompt; don't type anything, as I will
AipsWiz: enter the magic incantations.  If it works, you will see
AipsWiz: the message 'Popsgen complete' momentarily...

Data disk assignments:
  (Using global default file /linstar7_a/aips/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)
   Disk 1 (1) is /scratch9/aips/DATA/SUNSTAR4_1
   Disk 2 (2) is /scratch9/aips/DATA/SUNSTAR6_1

Starting up POPSGN (RELEASE OF 31DEC02)
Enter Idebug, Mname, Version (1 I, 2 A's) (NO COMMAS)
> MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
POPSG1: Popsgen complete
 MSGCOUNT IN FILE EXCEEDS MSG REC               0********
 ZMSGDK: INVALID RECORD REQUEST = ******
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT WRIT
POPSG1: linstar7     31DEC02 TST: Cpu=       0.1  Real=       0
AipsWiz: Copying DA00/LINSTAR7/* files to 31DEC02/LINUX/TEMPLATE/ area

AipsWiz:  =====> We're DONE!  Let's have a nice Banana Split! <======

AipsWiz: Here are the final setup instructions for running AIPS

        1.  Reference the LOGIN.CSH file in your .login file
              (source it now too, via "source ./LOGIN.CSH")

        2.  Check that it works:

                aips notv tpok

              (this will not start a TV or tape servers).
            Try 'print 2 + 2' for a very basic test.

        3.  Make a cron entry for the do_daily.LINSTAR7 file
              that the MAKE.MNJ created, so you can run the
              AIPS 'midnight job'.  This is optional but
              strongly recommended.

AipsWiz: That's it.  You should now have the latest AIPS!  Enjoy.
[aips at LINSTAR7 aips]$

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Michelle

Dr Michelle D'Vali			Tel:	+44 113 2333872
Department of Physics & Astronomy	Fax:	+44 113 2333900
University of Leeds			Email:	md at ast.leeds.ac.uk
Leeds
LS2 9JT