[daip] SLCOL

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Oct 25 20:13:35 EDT 2001

Lynn D. Matthews writes:
 > On Fri, 12 Oct 2001, Eric Greisen wrote:
 >
 > >         At present it always represents distance to some arbitrary
 > > point specified by the user.  You would have to be quite careful to
 > > get the PIXXY to be on the slice.  You probably are but other people?
 > >

 > >        Is there some other way to specify a reference along the slice
 > > so that DIST can be wrt that point - e.g. BDROP or some fraction from
 > > the starting point?  I can easily make X, Y be always wrt the real ref
 > > pixel of the image - i.e. "absolute" (actually relative arc sec)
 > > coordinates.
 >

 > I agree that the way the program currently requires defining a distance
 > along the slice is awkward. How about a parameter that allows you to
 > specify a slice point to define as x=0 (perhaps with the default being the
 > slice center)? Or even fancier, letting one choose a slice point and the x
 > value to assign to it, e.g. allowing one to say I'd like to assign slice
 > point number 256 to x=100arcsec.
 >
 > Lynn

I have putbck a version of SLCOL that I hope will help.  It does X,Y
wrt the true ref pixel, dist wrt your PIXXY with a sign (based on X
wrt yoour PIXXY).  It also does all models rather than the last
model's first component and it displays sensible things for them.

I hope this ok.  Your MNJ will get these tomorrow sometime I think.

Eric