[daip] SLCOL

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Thu Oct 11 18:04:40 EDT 2001

Lynn D. Matthews writes:
 > I would like to use SLCOL in order to export my SLICE files to disk (in
 > useful units) for use in outside plotting programs. Setting OPCODE to
 > 'SLVL' I can successfully create an output that lists DIST, VAL,
 > SLICE_POINT_NO. relative to a reference pixel, but the "DIST"  values
 > tabulated on both sides of the reference pixel are outputted as positive
 > offsets, rather than positive on one side and negative on the other of the
 > reference pixel, causing the slice "wrap". Any chance a small modification
 > could be made to allow both positive and negative offsets?

I had essentially never heard of this task.  I do not understand why
it would want to list distance at all.  A slice line passing across
the image but not through the reference pixel would clearly have dIST
starting at some larger number, going to some minimum, and then going
up again.  The X and Y values would be much better for telling where
things really are.  How about I change the task to put out X, Y, and
DIST in 3 columns instead of just DIST in 1 col?

Eric