[daip] Possible problem with FRING

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu May 24 19:09:10 EDT 2001

Hi Alice,

I understand that if you apply the single band delay things
look good and if you apply the multi-band solution (MBD) they
do not look good.  I can reproduce this.  My argument is that
it looks like there are 10 degree phase differences between
IFs when you apply  CL/7, i.e. before you try to do a MBD
correction.  A MBD correction will not fix these 10 degree
phase differences and differences in phase slope between the
IFs.

Just so we are all talking about the same thing I have put
the POSSM plots I get when applying CL/7 on my web page
(http://www.aoc.nrao.edu/~amiodusz/bm112.html).  As you can
see there still seem to be different delays in each IF for
many of the antennas (except maybe MK and SC).   MBD will
not fix this -- it just removes an overall slope across the
band.  This would work great for KP-MK (for instance), but not
for FD-KP.  If my CL/7 and your CL/7 are the same then it's
not surprising that a MBD solution doesn't fix things and
a SBD solution does.

Out of curiosity, why do you use different versions for the
APARM(5)=0 and APARM(5)=2?

Cheers,

Amy