[daip] Possible problem with FRING

Alice Argon alice at rgalp2.harvard.edu
Fri May 25 16:42:35 EDT 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Amy Mioduszewski wrote:

> I understand that if you apply the single band delay things look good and if
> you apply the multi-band solution (MBD) they do not look good.  I can
> reproduce this.  My argument is that it looks like there are 10 degree phase
> differences between IFs when you apply  CL/7, i.e. before you try to do a
> MBD correction.  A MBD correction will not fix these 10 degree phase
> differences and differences in phase slope between the IFs.
>
> Out of curiosity, why do you use different versions for theAPARM(5)=0 and
> APARM(5)=2?

Yes, Amy, I think you're right.  Our multi-band solution on the manual phase
cal scan (not the one you have) *does* look OK.  Somehow the one good one got
lost amongst all the bad ones.

We ran TST for the multi-band solution because NEW was unable to handle our
setup of unevenly spaced/overlapping bands.  NEW gives huge phase jumps
(of order 180 degrees) between bands.

Thanks for your help,
 Alice