[daip] Possible problem with FRING

Alice Argon alice at rgalp2.harvard.edu
Wed May 23 13:20:26 EDT 2001

Hi Amy,

I used AIPS NEW (31DEC00) for the single band solution (which has no problem)
and AIPS TST for the multi-band test.  There are no multi-band solution
extensions attached to the file you have, because I assumed that you would
want to produce these yourself.

The file you got via anonymous ftp should have SN=5 and CL=8 tables.  I
redid the single-band delay calibration after you got your file (which
produced further extensions) so that I could send you the exact inputs and so
that I could double check the POSSM plots.  The single band POSSM plots (all
baselines connecting antenna 4) still look good to me, i.e., no 10 degree
slopes across individual bands or jumps between bands.

In summary:
 I ran FRING w/ aparm(5)=0 (i.e., single-band) in AIPS NEW using CL=7 to
   produce SN=5
 I then ran CLCAL: SN=5 + CL=7 --> CL=8

To create a multi-band solution,
 please run FRING w/ aparm(5)=2 in AIPS TST using CL=7 to create SN=6
  then  run CLCAL: SN=6 + CL=7 --> CL=9

Also, I reimported the data file from ~ftp/pub/nrao using FITLD and ran POSSM
on CL=8.  MK is there.  You say you're not seeing it?

Thanks,
 Alice