[daip] Possible problem with FRING

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed May 23 15:35:16 EDT 2001

Hi Alice,

The SN/5 you sent me I have does not have MK not CL/8.
Use SNPLT or PRTAB to check that.

Yes, the single band delays look good to me too, it is
just I don't get _exactly_ what you got, which is puzzling
since we are supposedly running the same program with
the same adverbs.

How do you usually use multi-band delay?  We were debating
that here.  APARM(5)=2  was meant to be used if there
is only one single band delay and one multi-band delay.  i.e.
if the delays in each IF are identical.  This is usually not
the case with VLBA data and if you look at your data with
POSSM and applying CL/7 you can see that the phase slopes in
the different IFs are different.  APARM(5)=2 will not correct
this.  These need to be corrected first using either a single
band delay correction on a fringe finder or by applying the
phase cals.  Also if you want to apply a multi-band delay after
that then APARM(5)=1 should probably be used since that will
put the multi-band delay in the part of the SN table that
will be applied (the single band delay column, the multi-band
delay column is never applied).  In other words, if you use
APARM(5)=2 you never actually apply a multi-band delay.  So
our main question is why you use APARM(5)=2?

Cheers,

Amy