[daip] problem

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Mar 9 10:53:59 EST 2001

Walfried Raab writes:

 > I use fitld, uvlod to load the FITS files into aips format, as suggested
 > by the archive people.  That seems to work, because when I do a
 > ucat, I see the two loaded files.

     I am assuming that the "archive people" (VLA analysts they
are called) read the archive data into a computer here and then wrote
it out with FITTP.  Otherwise UVLOD and/or FITLD would not work.  The
archive itself is in VLA format and requires FILLM to convert it to
AIPS format.

 > The next step is where my problem occurs.  I do a simple "listr" with
 > the suggested inputs from the cookbook.  I even use getn 1 to load
 > the file into the listr task.  It loads fine.  BUT, when I run listr I get the
 > following error message:

    Actually LISTR is NOT simple - it invokes the entire calibration
system.  The CookBook suggests that you begin with 2 things.  Could
you run them and send me the output?  One is the AIPS verb IMHEADER on
each of the UV files, the other is LISTR with OPTYPE='SCAN'.  The
former tells me what files are attached to your data, the latter tells
me about their contents.  The INPUTS to the LISTR that failed might
also tell me something.