[daip] problem

Walfried Raab raab at mpe.mpg.de
Fri Mar 9 10:14:32 EST 2001

Hello,

I have an AIPS problem.

For a few days now, I have been trying to use AIPS on VLA archive
data, but I keep failing after the first few steps.

I use fitld, uvlod to load the FITS files into aips format, as suggested
by the archive people.  That seems to work, because when I do a
ucat, I see the two loaded files.

The next step is where my problem occurs.  I do a simple "listr" with
the suggested inputs from the cookbook.  I even use getn 1 to load
the file into the listr task.  It loads fine.  BUT, when I run listr I get the
following error message:

eeyore> LISTR1: Task LISTR  (release of 31DEC01) begins
eeyore> LISTR1: TABINI: REQUESTED FQ FILE 1 DOES NOT
EXIST
eeyore> LISTR1: FQINI: ERROR INITIALIZING FREQUENCY
TABLE FOR READ
eeyore> LISTR1: NO MATCH TO SELBAND/SELFREQ ADVERBS -
CHECK INPUTS
eeyore> LISTR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
eeyore> LISTR1: eeyore     31DEC01 TST: Cpu=   0.0  Real=    0

Do you have any idea where I am messing up?  Or is the data
corrupted in some way?

Thanks for your help!

Walfried

Walfried Raab
Max-Planck-Institut fuer extraterrestrische Physik
Giessenbachstrasse
PO Box 1603
D-85740 Garching
Germany