[daip] Y2K on vortex

Richard Prestage rprestag at gb.nrao.edu
Fri Mar 2 11:54:32 EST 2001

Hi Eric -

thanks for doing the benchmarks. I'd be interested if you could expand
on why you think the performance is dissappointing. If I understand
it, you are saying the single-cpu performance of the 450 (which if I
recall correctly has  480MHz UltraSparc IIs) is comparable to a
single-cpu P3 800MHz. This doesn't sound too bad!

Cheers,
			Richard