[daip] Y2K on vortex

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Mar 2 12:18:06 EST 2001

Looking in a little more detail on the Large Y2K

With the new compiler the total task CPU time went down by 2.2 minutes
but the real time went up by 2.8 minutes.  The results would have been
worse had VTESS not shown a marked improvement in both numbers.  The
test cares only about real time.  I did run top before starting to
make sure that I was the only user.  I guess I should repeat the
test.

The DDT results were rather more variable from run to run although the
totals were pretty stable.

Eric