[daip] Re: TV Display

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jul 27 16:46:10 EDT 2001

Shoshana Rosenthal writes:
 > XAS: ***********************************
 > XAS: **  No TrueColor found
 > XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
 > XAS: ***********************************
 > XAS: No pseudocolor visual - No suitable visual: No such file or directory

This says it all: XAS will run with a 24-bit TrueColor visual or an
8-bit PseudoColor visual.  It refuses to pretend that 16 bits are
scientific truecolor and so fails on Linux systems that all seem to
offer only 1 visual at a time and all start with the 16-bit
"TrueColor".

I am not a Linux guru so cannot tell you which files to change to
invoke the 24-bit mode.  I am guessing that you know enough to find
them.  I will look if I have squirreled away a message from Pat
covering this our most often asked FAQ.

Eric