[daip] forwarded message from Joanne M. Attridge

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Jul 27 16:45:58 EDT 2001

Joanne,

It has always been the case in the CROSSPOL that you _had_
to use the highest or lowest antenna, if you did not the
procedure does not do the right thing, see the help file.
It has just been changed so that it forces you to do so, so
people do not inadvertently make that mistake.

In the version of AIPS you have the "old" CROSSPOL does not
exist.  You have to go back to an earlier version of AIPS
to get it.  But I repeat the procedure does not run correctly
unless you use a reference antenna as the highest or lowest
antenna.

There is another procedure called CRSFRING.  I have not used
it but it I have heard it works.  It does not seem to require
the highest of lowest antenna as the refant.

Amy