[daip] tape mount problem on ohsumi

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Jan 29 18:50:52 EST 2001

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001 16:04:51 -0700, Bryan Butler <bbutler at aoc.nrao.edu> said:

> i don't seem to be able to mount the EXAbyte tape drive
> on ohsumi:

>  > mount
>  AIPS 1: ZMOUN2: could not open lock file /AIPS/DA00/OHSUMI/TAPE1.lock
>  AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZMOUN2 ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
>  AIPS 1: TAPE PROBLEM

> hmmmm.  let's see:

> ohsumi% pwd
> /AIPS
> ohsumi% ls -ld DA00
> drwxrwsr-x    2 aipsmgr  aipspgmr    4096 Jan 29 15:41 DA00
> ohsumi% cd DA00
> ohsumi% ls -ld OHSUMI

Close, but not quite cigar material :-)

Try "ls- lLd":

$ ls -ld OHSUMI
lrwxrwxrwx    1 aipsmgr  aipspgmr      24 Dec 15 14:31 OHSUMI -> /home/ohsumi/AIPS/OHSUMI
$ ls -Lld OHSUMI
drwxrwsr-x    2 aipsmgr  aipsuser    4096 Jan 29 16:26 OHSUMI

You got the symlink permissions, not the actual directory itself.

However...

-rw-rw-r--    1 bbutler  aipsuser        0 Jan 29 16:26 TAPE1.lock

Unless someone like Eric has fixed things in the meantime, and assuming
you were running as either aips or bbutler, I'm not sure I understand why
you got the permission denied on that lock file.

Ah, the date on it is 16:26 and your message was dated 16:04.  Eric?

				- Pat