[daip] DOCALIB confusion

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Feb 5 11:32:03 EST 2001

I ought to know the answer to this, but ...

We're combining old VLA data (up to a couple
years ago) with newer data, and want to make
sure we do all the right things to get the
relative weights correct for the different
configurations.  If you have data calibrated
using an older version of AIPS with DOCALIB=1,
and combine it with data calibrated using the
latest AIPS, with DOCALIB=2, will the relative
weights of the data sets be correct?

A corollary question is, what happens when data
are filled with the most recent FILLM, then
sent off to an outside user who does not have
the most recent AIPS?  What is the right
combination of DOWEIGHT in FILLM and DOCALIB
in calibration tasks, in order to calibrate
the weights properly?

These are specific questions for AN095, and
I'm cc'ing to the analysts, because they
fill data for a lot of outside users, and I
want to make sure we're doing this right!

jim