[daip] Re: [Fwd: FITS files on CD]

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Feb 5 10:41:59 EST 2001

 > now I managed to get the run file running at least. Here is it:
 >
 > >Output fits file
 > > for i=1 to 322
 > > getn(i)
 > > outfile 'FITS:'!!INNAME!!'.'!!INCLASS!!'.'!!CHAR(INSEQ)
 > > go fittp
 > > wait fittp
 > > end

       Is this inside a procedure?  If not it cannot work.  FOR loops
amy be done all in one line without being in a procedure.  Otherwise
the whole thing needs to in an AIPS procedure (the addressing back to
the FOR from the END can't work if each line is compiled separately.

 > However, it runs so fast that the wait command produces an error:
 >
 > AIPS 1: Resumes
 > AIPS 1: wait fittp
 > AIPS 1: FITTP    was not found to be running
 > AIPS 1: end

      The wait does not produce an error.  Read the CookBook - we
recommend that you set DOWAIT true with FITTP so that if FITTP fails
thelooping proc will fail.  I have seen loops like this hit an error
in one file, the tape rewind for some reason, and the next file write
to the start of the tape (wiping out all previously recorded data).
Then also the WAITTASK is not needed..

 > And then the run file stops after the first file. I am reluctant to
 > remove the wait altogether, as I am afraid I will produce then too many
 > parallel FITTP jobs. Could you give me advice on what to do?
 >
 > Well, this is one of those **SIMPLE** problems costing time...  Sorry
 > for that!

The main problemis not being in a procedure...

ERic Greisen