[daip] (no subject)

Preeti Kharb rhea at iiap.ernet.in
Wed Dec 19 06:01:36 EST 2001

Dear AIPS manager,

We are running 15OCT98 version of AIPS on a Ultra-SPARCstation called
'hanle1'.

I seem to have closed the AIPS TV window while running AIPS (or made some
modifications in the working environment of 'hanle1'), so that now while
running AIPS, I am not getting the AIPS TV window 'TVSRV1' while I get
'TKSRV1' and 'MSSRV1'. The messages while running AIPS read -

TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on hanle1 asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - WITH Unix Sockets as requested...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on HANLE1 asynchronously...
Starting up 15OCT98 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 15OCT98) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   2
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   2
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRV1 on hanle1
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on hanle1, DISPLAY hanle1:0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: Visual not = default, create 24-bit colormap
XAS: Using screen width height 1270 924, max grey level 255
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV1 on hanle1, display hanle1:0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV1 on hanle1, display hanle1:0
STARTPMON: [HANLE1] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
STARTPMON: [HANLE1] Starting TPMON2 with output SUPPRESSED

Can I undo whatever changes I have involuntarily made ?

Thanks,

Preeti.