[daip] tv display problem

Dr. Sara Beck sara at wise1.tau.ac.il
Mon Dec 17 08:42:52 EST 2001

hello designated aip,

i have been running 15oct98 under linux very happily since, well, 1998,
but now i have a problem with the TV display. when i do tvall or tvlod an
image does appear in the window, with some really random color scheme, but
when i move the cursor into the tv window do adjust colors or zoom or
do tvstat the screen turns blank white on black and there is nothing to be
seen. however the screen is responding to some aips commands; if i zoom
while it is in that state the display stays zoomed when i leave tvall and
the colors return, and i can do tvstat while in that state. i cannot
influence the colors in any way. this came on suddenly, i cannot think of
anything unusual i did in aips before it happened, and the only think
i could think of, namely to logout and log back in again, didn't
work.  CNTR with the TV display on works fine, except that the colors
switch depending on whether the cursor is in the window or not.

can you give me some advice on how to get my tv back? please don't tell me
to install a new version of aips unless i really have to; i am the only
aips user here and not at all a computer jockey.

many thanks,

sara beck
sara at wise.tau.ac.il