[daip] bug in UVCOP

Amy Mioduszewski amiodusz at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Dec 14 16:14:39 EST 2001

Alison Peck came to me with a problem with VLBACPOL which
turned out to be a bug in UVCOP.  It seems if you copy
a few minutes of data with UVCOP (which VLBACPOL does) and
the attached CL tables do not have entries in that time
but the time range _is_ covered by the "interval time" the
CL table on the output file will be blank.  For example,
TIMER 0 15 30 0 0 15 34 0  will result in an empty CL table
if the CL table entries covering that time look like this:

COL. NO.        1            2          3          4         5        6
     ROW  TIME          TIME INTER  SOURCE ID  ANTENNA   SUBARRAY  FREQ ID
  NUMBER  D/HMS         D/HMS

       1  0/15:29:17.4  00:05:00.0      1          5         1        1
       2  0/15:35:04.5  00:05:00.0      1          5         1        1

This is a problem for VLBACPOL.

We found a way to work around it and I recommended that, in
the future, she use a shorter CL table interval than 5 minutes
(which, by the way, is the default in INDXR).