[daip] Re: patches for 31DEC00, linux

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 17 10:15:04 EDT 2001

Jose Francisco Gomez writes:
 > Hi.
 >
 > I'm trying to patch AIPS version 31DEC00 in our site, following
 > instructions on
 > http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips/31DEC00/patches.html
 >
 > Patching SUL machines worked fine.
 > However, redoing the process for LINUX was unsuccesful.
 > This is the message I got:
 >
 > >COMLNK $QPGOOP/{SCIMG,SCMAP}
 > COMLNK    : Date       Fri Aug 17 11:18:36 CEST 2001
 > SEARCH    : No valid   SCIMG(.FOR,.f,.C,.c,.S,.s,.o)
 > SEARCH    : found in   /soft/disk1/aips//31DEC00/Q/PGM/OOP/...
 > COMLNK    : Date       Fri Aug 17 11:18:38 CEST 2001
 > SEARCH    : No valid   SCMAP(.FOR,.f,.C,.c,.S,.s,.o)
 > SEARCH    : found in   /soft/disk1/aips//31DEC00/Q/PGM/OOP/...
 > COMLNK    : Dies of unnatural causes
 >
 > So, the script "SEARCH" did not find the fortran files.
 > However, it did when run from a solaris computer.
 > So they are in the correct area.

Have you changed the path to the Linux modules?  Try deleting
$SYSLOCAL/SEARCH0.DAT and re-doing the COMLNK.  If you want to do this
less blindly - read the current $SYSLOCAL/SEARCH0.DAT.  I will bet
that the path names in it are no longer correct.  If you delete the
file, the next COMRPL or COMLNK will regenerate it with correct
paths.