[daip] Need disk 1, fixed, etc.

ppalmer at oskar.uchicago.edu ppalmer at oskar.uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 30 16:57:29 EST 2000

Hi,

I had to reconfigure my disks on oskar at the AOC just before i left,
and I no longer have a proper aips disk 1 (among other things) and
cannot start up aips.

The messages I get are below (some of this may be because I am now in
Chicago, and attempted to start aips over the network), but I am sure
most of it is due to the DADEVS file no longer being correct for me.

Starting up 31DEC99 AIPS with normal priority
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC99) at priority =   0
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:SPD000000;          NOT FOUND
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server  40
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server  40
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: TVSERV is already running on host oskar, user ppalmer
XASERVERS: Start XAS on oskar, DISPLAY oskar:10.0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on oskar, DISPLAY oskar:10.0
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: ***********************************
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 800, max grey level 196
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)
  Major opcode of failed request:  131 (MIT-SHM)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  1 (X_ShmAttach)
  Serial number of failed request:  22

 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?347
 ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD09N000.09N;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA00:PWD000000;          NOT FOUND
 Note: IEEE floating-point exception traps enabled:
    overflow;  division by zero;  invalid operation;
 See the Numerical Computation Guide, ieee_handler(3M), ieee_sun(3M)

The way I would like it to end up is shown in the table below:

disk/partition on oskar.aoc.nrao.edu       AIPS disk

/export/home/oskar3                  (not aips data disk)
/export/home/oskar                    1
/export/home/oskar2                   2
/export/home/oskar4                   3
/export/home/oskar6                  (not aips data disk)
/export/home/oskar7                   4
/mnt/old_oskar                        5

(The latter is needed only until I can copy some files off it, but otherwise
it can just sit there.  I don't know if it will cause a problem that
/mnt/old_oskar was formerly disk 1.)

Pat Palmer